The Big Shwop brings together people and their wardrobe for an afternoon of shopping – shopping that doesn’t make a dent on bank accounts or consciences.
The idea is a simple one – you bring along your unwanted, barely worn quality clothes and exchange them for vouchers.
When the shwop begins, you can ‘cash in’ your vouchers for any of the other lovely threads on offer. Guilt free shopping straight ahead!
What will happen at The Big Shwop?
People bring in their clothes from 10- 12pm. For each item of clothing suitable for the shwop, you will receive one voucher.
We only accept well-made, stylish clothes in excellent condition. We keep it simple – one accepted item is worth one shwop voucher.
Make sure you bring in your items on time, because from 12-1.30pm, the shwop room will be closed. We’ll be sorting the clothes onto racks and into sizes.
At 1.30pm The Big Shwop will begin. You can use your shwop vouchers in exchange for any item in the Shwop. Simple – a fresh new wardrobe straight ahead!
What do I bring to The Big Shwop?
- Shwoppers bring in quality items of clothing and get to take home new pieces of great quality clothing too. The Big Shwop is a “Fashion Store without the Money” and that is what makes it so distinctive. Its all about redistributing quality clothing that we aren’t wearing.
- Shwop volunteers ‘vet’ the clothes you will bring in for The Big Shwop to keep the quality high. Our volunteers reserve the right to refuse clothes for The Big Shwop.
- We work really hard to keep this process fair. If you have an item refused from The Big Shwop, that you really think should be included, there is a Second Chance Shwopkeeper who will consider it again.
- All clothing to be shwopped needs to be a quality piece of clothing. It needs to be fashionable and still looking good. Its hard to say what is and isn’t good to shwop and the science isn’t exact. Bring things that you would be able to sell second-hand. If it cost close-to-nothing when you bought it brand new, then it’s not for The Big Shwop.
- All clothing to be shwopped needs to be in really good condition. Of course, clothing should have no marks, missing buttons, no pills or pulls, no rips or broken zips. Remember, The Big Shwop is not a dumping ground. Just donate your tired pieces of clothing to an opshop.